Newham College student’s design showcased at London Fashion Week
Newham College student Deana Joseph celebrated a memorable London Fashion Week.
The 17-year-old walked away with the Award for Commercial Design at the 2012 FAD Junior Awards for her wearable leather and suede splatter print dress,
Judges were also dazzled by its 80s punk safety pin detailing and exaggerated peplum waist.
Organised by FAD, a charity, and sponsored by George at Asda, Tuesday’s catwalk final featured designs by 25 talented teenagers from London and Manchester. It took place at Vauxhall Fashion Scout in Covent Garden.
Deana was joined in the final by St Angela’s and St Bonaventure’s student Stephanie Perucho, also 17.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony concluded weeks of ‘Fashion Futures’ workshops, involving 120 16-19 year olds from across 19 boroughs in London and Manchester.
From January to March they took part in workshops with FAD to gain an insight into the fashion industry, and to develop the skills to research, design and create an original garment from scratch.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim