Newham College enterprise students could be taking on Peter Jones
- Credit: Archant
A collection of next-generation entrepreneurs have the chance to pitch their business plans to one of the stars of Dragons Den.
Students enrolled with the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy at Newham College are currently competing for organisation’s National Entrepreneur of the Year title, and a chance to take on the Dragon himself.
Six finalists will be selected from a pool of entries from colleges across the country to deliver their proposals at the his central offices in Marlow, with the overall winner to be announced in July.
Mr Jones said: “Our goal is to give young people the skills and confidence to make a success of themselves.
“Pitching ideas is an essential part of business and providing experiences like this is really important.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really looking forward to hearing from our students and seeing their pitches. There is a huge amount of talent out there and we are determined to continue to shine the light on enterprise.”
The winner will also receive up to £5,000 for their company.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
Last year’s champ, David Humpston, has gone on to become the youngest ever recipient of a Virgin Startup loan.
His video production company, Viewpoint Videos, is going from strength to strength supplying footage to BT Sport, EuroSport HD and the BBC.
Launched in 2013, Newham’s enterprise academy aims to train and develop the entrepreneurs of the future.