Online GP consultations among the achievements at annual Newham CCG meeting
- Credit: NHS
The organisation responsible for planning and buying most health services in Newham has held its annual meeting.
Newham Clinical Commissioning Group brought together staff, GPs, other local health and social care organisations, patients and members of the public.
The group heard about the CCG's work in the past 12 months and about plans for the future.
Its achievements included a Good rating from NHS England and the introduction of online GP consultations.
Dr Muhammad Naqvi is a GP and chairman of Newham CCG.
You may also want to watch:
"The annual general meeting provided an opportunity to present our formal accounts and demonstrate how we are achieving best value and quality for local people," he said.
"We continually encourage our local population to get involved with our work and be active players in shaping the local healthcare system."
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Anyone interested in getting involved with the CCG can go to Newham Hospital on Wednesday, September 18 between 10.30am and 4pm.