Newham charity honours its young achievers
- Credit: Archant
A charity that has given thousands of young people hope honoured those who have made outstanding contributions.
Fight for Peace, the NGO that combines boxing and martial arts with education and personal development, rewarded its young members at its Annual Awards Ceremony at their London Academy in Woodman Street, North Woolwich.
There were 18 awards handed out for various contributions and achievements including, Outstanding Academic Achievement, Outstanding Contribution to Boxing and the Fight for Peace Member of the Year Award.
The recently agreed partnership between Fight for Peace and BoxNation, the 24 hour dedicated boxing subscription channel, was also officially launched at the event. The partnership will bring together the two organisations to highlight the social impact that boxing can have on young people’s lives and communities affected by crime and violence, whilst bringing boxing to a wider audience.
Luke Dowdney, Founder and Director of Fight for Peace, said: “The Fight for Peace Annual Awards Ceremony has been a huge success. This a very special occasion and I’d like to congratulate not only the award winners but every single one of our 1000 members who have shown tremendous levels of hard work and dedication, not only in training sessions, but also in the classroom.
You may also want to watch:
“This evening is all about the Academy Members and we hope to provide similar opportunities for many more young people in years to come.”
Bart Hovarth, a Fight for Peace Academy Member and double award winner, said: “I’m very proud to receive this award and I’m very happy that all of my hard work has paid off. I love being part of the Fight for Peace family and winning this award makes me motivated to achieve more.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim