Newham charities shortlisted for share of £30k
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Three groups set to benefit from a share of £30,000 have been announced – and now it’s your turn to decide how much each one will get.
The Recorder has teamed up with Tesco’s Bags of Help scheme, an initiative which will see money raised from the 5p bag charge donated to community groups.
It will give out grants of £12,000, £10,000 and £8,000 across the UK, including Newham.
The shortlisted charities are:
? The Shipman Youth Centre, which would create a sports area to keep young people off the streets.
You may also want to watch:
? The Boleyn Road Community Garden, which would transform derelict land to use as a vegetable patch and social area.
? Kensington Primary School, which would enhance the school’s outdoor areas.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
They will all be featured in the Recorder over the coming weeks so you can find out more.
Voting opens in Tesco stores and through the paper between Saturday, February 27 and Sunday, March 6.