Newham Chamber of Commerce to host London Mayoral candidates
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
From summer barbecues and sugar refinery tours to breakfasts with the capital’s political heavyweights, 2016 is shaping up to be a busy year for the borough’s small business community.
Both Labour and Conservative London mayoral candidates Sadiq Khan and Zac Goldsmith are set to headline morning networking sessions hosted by the Newham Chamber of Commerce in the run-up to May’s election.
Mr Goldsmith, MP for Richmond Park, will address companies at Holiday Inn Stratford City on the morning of Wednesday, February 24, while Mr Khan, MP for Tooting, will answer questions at West Ham United’s Boleyn Ground on Thursday, April 28.
Chamber chairman Lloyd Johnson hopes local companies will make the most of the opportunity.
“I’m really excited about the year ahead,” he said. “It’s good to see [Sadiq Khan and Zac Goldsmith] are happy to come and spend some time with us and answer any questions local businesses might have.
You may also want to watch:
“Most SME owners have a tendency to live in the area where they work so it’s really important that they’re able to have their say.”
Email email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?