Newham CCG hosts event at international healthcare conference
- Credit: Archant
Newham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) hosted an experience day for more than 70 health care professionals from around the world last week to present how it is improving the health of the borough’s population.
With the support of UCL Partners, Newham CCG an event on Tuesday last week as part of the International Forum on Quality and Healthcare conference, which took place at the Excel Exhibition Centre from May 21-23.
Participants heard talks on the planning of health services throughout the 2012 Olympic Games and how new services have been designed for people post games and were involved in workshops on diabetes care and prevention.
Participants also visited a number of locations around Newham including the Queen Elizabeth II Olympic Park and the Sir Ludwig Guttmann Health and Wellbeing Centre in the East Village.
Dr Zuhair Zarifa, local GP and Chair, NHS Newham Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) said:
You may also want to watch:
“This experience day has reinforced our commitment to driving innovation and behaviour change across the whole NHS system as well as our commitment to supporting local health services in building on the legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.”
The CCG’s role is to commission most local health services, from cancer care to mental health, hospital operations to prescriptions.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
All GP practices in the borough are also part of this CCG.