Newham bookshop donates books for Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Archant
A donation of books was made by Newham Bookshop to the Newham Recorder and Community Links Christmas Toy Appeal to help fill up the “empty room” in the Community Links base with a variety of gifts this Christmas.
The Bookshop, a long-time supporter of the appeal, presented to Newham Bookshop staff member John Newman by Commmunity Links toy appeal coordinator Paula Blake.
The bookshop said it was proud to support the Recorder and Community Links in their campaign and hoped the books found a good home with children in Newham.
Vivian Archer, mananger of Newham Bookshop, said: “We have donated since the start of the appeal because we feel we are part of the community and we want to give back to the community. We hope this donation will help make sure children who are receiving these gifts have something to open on Christmas.”
Newham Recorder editor Michael Adkins said: “We’re very pleased to have the continuing support of Newham Bookshop for the Christmas Toy Appeal and look forward to these books reaching children who would have no presents this Christmas without this support.
You may also want to watch:
“I look forward to more donations and events by people in the borough doing their bit for the most disadvanted children to make their Christmas a special one.”
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow