Newham bookmakers robber may have struck twice
Police have released CCTV images of a man suspected of robbing two Newham bookmakers within the space of three days.
He struck first at a branch in Mary Rose Mall, Beckton, at about 4.40pm on April 15.
The man threatened staff that he would start shooting, though no firearm was seen, before escaping with a quantity of cash.
Then, on April 18 about 1.55pm a white man - believed to be the same suspect - entered a bookies in High Street South, East Ham.
He again threatened to shoot but no weapon was seen. On this occasion he left empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Phil Cross, said police were appealing for anyone with information in Newham, Barking and Dagenham and Tower Hamlets to come forward.
To assist, contact 020 8345 4255 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 8 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 9 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 10 Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens music studio in Canning Town