Newham bookmakers robber may have struck twice
Police have released CCTV images of a man suspected of robbing two Newham bookmakers within the space of three days.
He struck first at a branch in Mary Rose Mall, Beckton, at about 4.40pm on April 15.
The man threatened staff that he would start shooting, though no firearm was seen, before escaping with a quantity of cash.
Then, on April 18 about 1.55pm a white man - believed to be the same suspect - entered a bookies in High Street South, East Ham.
He again threatened to shoot but no weapon was seen. On this occasion he left empty-handed.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Det Con Phil Cross, said police were appealing for anyone with information in Newham, Barking and Dagenham and Tower Hamlets to come forward.
To assist, contact 020 8345 4255 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show