Newham beauticians score highly at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Beauty therapists were celebrated at an awards ceremony recognising talent across the country - with two Newham companies scoring highly.
Beata Balciunaite from Beautiful Hair and Beauty in Upton Park was announced as runner up in the outstanding hair stylist of the year category at the Coolherbals Beauty Awards 2014, while Elegant Beauty in Manor Park was shortlisted for best salon.
Hundreds of therapists came head-to-head at the event, which was hosted by Channel Five presenter Helen Shepherd.
Bollywood dancing and an Elvis impersonator were among the entertainment on offer during the ceremony held at Grand Connaught Rooms.
Sushma Bhanot, director of Ayurvedic beauty company Coolherbals, said it was important to recognise nominees’ hard work and expertise.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of the owners and staff work long hours and give an incredible amount back to the community by way of services,” she added.
Coolherbals has trained 4,000 therapists to date, many of which have gone on to start their own businesses.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen