Newham beauticians score highly at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Beauty therapists were celebrated at an awards ceremony recognising talent across the country - with two Newham companies scoring highly.
Beata Balciunaite from Beautiful Hair and Beauty in Upton Park was announced as runner up in the outstanding hair stylist of the year category at the Coolherbals Beauty Awards 2014, while Elegant Beauty in Manor Park was shortlisted for best salon.
Hundreds of therapists came head-to-head at the event, which was hosted by Channel Five presenter Helen Shepherd.
Bollywood dancing and an Elvis impersonator were among the entertainment on offer during the ceremony held at Grand Connaught Rooms.
Sushma Bhanot, director of Ayurvedic beauty company Coolherbals, said it was important to recognise nominees’ hard work and expertise.
You may also want to watch:
“Many of the owners and staff work long hours and give an incredible amount back to the community by way of services,” she added.
Coolherbals has trained 4,000 therapists to date, many of which have gone on to start their own businesses.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow