New VIc college celebrates best ever A-Level results
Students at NewVIc college in Plaistow have bucked the national trend by achieving their highest pass rate yet.
The Plaistow sixth-form recorded a 96 per cent pass rate - and a total of 89 A* and A grades.
Forty per cent of the candidates took the ‘facilitating’ subjects as required by the elite universities. These include English, biology, and mathematics.
Among the relieved teenagers were Custom House students Emily Knight and Rosey Whelan, both 19.
They each achieved a distinction and two merits in their BTEC extended diplomas in applied science and will go to Middlesex University to study psychology with criminology.
You may also want to watch:
Emily said: “I was nervous because you always doubt it. I was hopeful but you have to see your results to believe it.
“We’ve had to work hard over the last two years for this.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 5 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 8 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
NewVIc principal Eddie Playfair said: “Once again, NewVIc students have achieved excellent results.
“They are well deserved and they come after two years of tremendous commitment and consistent hard work from all these students and their teachers.”