New ticket hall to welcolme 2012 visitors
A new ticket hall at Stratford Regional Station has opened to welcome the millions of visitors expected at next year’s Olympic Games.
Funded by the Olympic Delivery Authority and Transport for London, the new entrance is part of a multi-billion investment in transport, which is on track and will make this part of East London one of the best connected areas of the Capital.
Passengers will now be able to enter and leave the station more easily and congestion will be reduced, especially during the 2012 Games. The bright and spacious modern ticket hall is located on the mezzanine level of the station and provides direct access to the Central line, and also has a new platform for passengers to exit on both sides.
Around 120,000 people are expected to use Stratford Regional Station at peak times during the Games.
London Mayor Boris Johnson said at the opening: “Millions of visitors will flock to London from all over the world in 2012 and this brand spanking new ticket hall will make travelling to the Olympic Park an altogether more pleasant experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Richard Parry, Strategy and Commercial Director for London Underground, said customers are going to really benefit while Hugh Sumner, Director of Transport for the ODA, said: “Delivering improved transport is one of the strongest physical legacies of the Games, with around �6.5 billion of associated investment in transport infrastructure across the UK.”
Over �200 million is being invested at Stratford Regional Station by the ODA and TfL. It included Platform 3a on the Central line which came into use in September.
- 1 £10k reward offered one year after fatal stabbing of Stephen Morrisson
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern welcomes back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 Beckton state school outshines top independents in Mandarin competition
- 7 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Cyclist casualties on borough's roads rise as more people travel by bike