New ticket hall to welcolme 2012 visitors
A new ticket hall at Stratford Regional Station has opened to welcome the millions of visitors expected at next year’s Olympic Games.
Funded by the Olympic Delivery Authority and Transport for London, the new entrance is part of a multi-billion investment in transport, which is on track and will make this part of East London one of the best connected areas of the Capital.
Passengers will now be able to enter and leave the station more easily and congestion will be reduced, especially during the 2012 Games. The bright and spacious modern ticket hall is located on the mezzanine level of the station and provides direct access to the Central line, and also has a new platform for passengers to exit on both sides.
Around 120,000 people are expected to use Stratford Regional Station at peak times during the Games.
London Mayor Boris Johnson said at the opening: “Millions of visitors will flock to London from all over the world in 2012 and this brand spanking new ticket hall will make travelling to the Olympic Park an altogether more pleasant experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Richard Parry, Strategy and Commercial Director for London Underground, said customers are going to really benefit while Hugh Sumner, Director of Transport for the ODA, said: “Delivering improved transport is one of the strongest physical legacies of the Games, with around �6.5 billion of associated investment in transport infrastructure across the UK.”
Over �200 million is being invested at Stratford Regional Station by the ODA and TfL. It included Platform 3a on the Central line which came into use in September.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 3 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Court date adjourned for Beckton man who sexually assaulted young girl
- 6 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 7 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Antonio and Rice fire West Ham to win over Dinamo Zagreb in Europa League