New student halls open in Stratford
- Credit: Eve Kirmatzis
Students preparing for their first term at university have a new set of halls to move into.
Angel Lane in Stratford will become home to 759 students when they begin studying at King’s College London this month.
The accommodation was developed in partnership with Unite, who will also be managing the 41m high building on behalf of the university.
Unite’s managing director of operations, Richard Smith, said: “Our partnership approach means we can successfully put students’ needs at the centre of what we do.
“Delivering another property in this exciting area of London gives students another accommodation option, ensuring they get value for money and the best environment to succeed.”
You may also want to watch:
The new halls feature a mixture of cluster flats with en-suite bathrooms and studio flats.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley