New signing imminent at Orient
Boss Slade hopes it will be a busy week for the O’s
Orient manager Russell Slade is predicting a busy few days and could sign three players before the weekend and one of them could play a part in Wednesday night’s first pre-season friendly at Sutton United.
The O’s chief has been pleased with the way that pre-season has progressed and said: “Things have been really good and the attitude and focus of the players has been first class.
“We have been looking to bolster the squad a little and the wage capping has made it more difficult.
“But we are on the verge of making a signing at the moment and this could be a busy week for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Slade is keeping the names of possible targets under wraps, but he believes he has a striker in the bag.
“There could be another one tomorrow as well,” he said.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
“Things are starting to come together.”