New signing imminent at Orient
Boss Slade hopes it will be a busy week for the O’s
Orient manager Russell Slade is predicting a busy few days and could sign three players before the weekend and one of them could play a part in Wednesday night’s first pre-season friendly at Sutton United.
The O’s chief has been pleased with the way that pre-season has progressed and said: “Things have been really good and the attitude and focus of the players has been first class.
“We have been looking to bolster the squad a little and the wage capping has made it more difficult.
“But we are on the verge of making a signing at the moment and this could be a busy week for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Slade is keeping the names of possible targets under wraps, but he believes he has a striker in the bag.
“There could be another one tomorrow as well,” he said.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
“Things are starting to come together.”