New signing imminent at Orient
Boss Slade hopes it will be a busy week for the O’s
Orient manager Russell Slade is predicting a busy few days and could sign three players before the weekend and one of them could play a part in Wednesday night’s first pre-season friendly at Sutton United.
The O’s chief has been pleased with the way that pre-season has progressed and said: “Things have been really good and the attitude and focus of the players has been first class.
“We have been looking to bolster the squad a little and the wage capping has made it more difficult.
“But we are on the verge of making a signing at the moment and this could be a busy week for us.”
Slade is keeping the names of possible targets under wraps, but he believes he has a striker in the bag.
“There could be another one tomorrow as well,” he said.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 5 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 6 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 7 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 8 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 9 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
“Things are starting to come together.”