New signing imminent at Orient
Boss Slade hopes it will be a busy week for the O’s
Orient manager Russell Slade is predicting a busy few days and could sign three players before the weekend and one of them could play a part in Wednesday night’s first pre-season friendly at Sutton United.
The O’s chief has been pleased with the way that pre-season has progressed and said: “Things have been really good and the attitude and focus of the players has been first class.
“We have been looking to bolster the squad a little and the wage capping has made it more difficult.
“But we are on the verge of making a signing at the moment and this could be a busy week for us.”
You may also want to watch:
Slade is keeping the names of possible targets under wraps, but he believes he has a striker in the bag.
“There could be another one tomorrow as well,” he said.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
“Things are starting to come together.”