New route’s maiden flight lands at London City Airport
- Credit: Chris Cox
The first flight on London City Airport’s new route from Cork landed this morning.
The maiden flight is one of 18 each week to be operated to the Irish city by Cityjet, including three weekend trips.
Chief operating officer Darren Grover was on hand to greet Patrick Lukan, Cityjet’s vice-president of Sales and Distribution, along with the route’s first passengers.
He said: “We are very pleased to welcome Cityjet’s first flight from Cork this morning.
“Ireland is a very important market for London City Airport and we look forward to welcoming many more passengers travelling between London City Airport and Cork over the coming weeks and months.”
You may also want to watch:
The flight landed on time at 9.05am.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines