New principal and CEO for Newham Sixth Form College is appointed
- Credit: Archant
Newham Sixth Form College (NewVIc) is to get a new principal and CEO later this year.
Mandeep Gill will take over the role in September following the resignation of Eddie Playfair who will become a senior policy manager at the Association of Colleges.
Mandeep, a trained chartered accountant, is currently vice principal at Suffolk New College and has a record of raising educational standards and improving Ofsted inspection grades
He said: “Having lived in east London, I am very proud to be returning to the area to join NewVIc.
“I am determined to ensure NewVIc is recognised as an ‘outstanding’ college that supports both students and the Newham community in all aspects of their lives.
“We need to help our students, staff and community to recognise that they all have the ability to fulfil their dreams.”
Gail May, chair of governors, added: “We have ambitious goals for the college and we look forward to utilising the skills and experience Mandeep brings as we continue to build our successful learning community.”
- 1 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 2 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 3 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 4 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes disappointed by Leeds defeat
- 8 Donor appeal as East Ham man needs second kidney transplant
- 9 Steven Fry: Canning Town man accused of murder to stand trial
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021