New Olympicopolis images revealed
- Credit: LLDC
New images have been revealed showing how homes, campuses and a museum will sit side by side in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
The Olympicopolis site is situated next to the London Aquatics Centre and will include new campuses for the London College of Fashion and University College London.
Sadler’s Wells will open a 600-seat theatre designed to serve contemporary dancers, and the Victoria and Albert Museum is to open a new site to showcase its collections of art and architecture.
In addition, two residential towers of around 30 and 40 stories are due to be built as part of the Stratford Waterfront development.
David Goldstone, Chief Executive of the London Legacy Development Corporation said: “Our tremendously exciting plans to create a world class education and cultural district on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park are moving forward in leaps and bounds.
You may also want to watch:
“These new images really start to give life to the project; which will help create new jobs, provide a huge boost to the east London economy as well as attracting an additional 1.5 million visitors to the park.”
It is estimated Olympicopolis will create around 3,000 jobs and attract 1.5million visitors each year, delivering a £2.8billion boost to the economy.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
The area’s design, by architects Allies and Morrison and O’Donnell and Tuomey, will be developed further before a detailed planning application is submitted at the end of this year.
Building work is due to start in 2018 and Olympicopolis could open as early as 2020.