New museum to ‘pop’ into Newham
A new “pop up” museum is about to come to Newham
A new “pop-up” museum is about to come to Newham.
The Peoples Museum and Gallery of Newham has won Heritage Lottery Fund support.
Eastside Community Heritage has been awarded a grant of �15,700 to convert a building in High Street Stratford into the Peoples Museum and Gallery of Newham from the end of July until October.
The pop up Museum and Gallery will display the people’s history and heritage of Newham and be open to local residents. The venue will host reminiscence sessions, film shows, history talks and walks and school workshops as well as showcasing the peoples history of the area to tourists on their way to the Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Executive Director Judith Garfield said: “We are thrilled to have received the support of the Heritage Lottery Fund and are confident the project will enable local people to tell their powerful stories of the history and heritage of the area, during this exciting period of change in Newham. The project gives the people of Newham a chance to welcome the world to the borough through their own words”
Eastside Archive holds over 1,000 oral histories and hundreds of photographs from the people of Newham telling their stories.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work