New Manor Park gym to open next month
- Credit: Archant
A state of the art gym is set to open on the site of a former community centre next month.
The Manor Park Fitness Centre will open on Monday, June 1, and be the fourth centre in the borough to be operated by activeNewham.
Built on the site of the old Greenhill Community Centre on High Street North, it will become one of only a handful in the UK with a purpose built outdoor multigym.
Fitness fans can build up their strength and stamina in the fresh air on equipment including a climbing net and pull up bars.
Members can also make use of running and rowing machines, a weight area and a group cycling studio.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Ian Corbett, mayoral advisor for environment and leisure, said that the new centre “has something for everyone regardless of age or fitness levels.”
He added: “It is part of the improved facilities for our communities we are rolling out across the whole borough.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
“The benefits of regular exercise are hard to ignore. It can help boost energy levels, control weight, and prevent a wide range of potential health problems including high blood pressure and diabetes.”
The new centre will be open from 6.30am to 10.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 8am to 8pm on Sundays and bank holidays.
It will cost £14.45 per month for anyone signing up before Sunday, May 31, and £15.95 thereafter, with no joining fee or contract.