New Leyton Orient fixture list out
Leyton Orient face an intriguing trip to Walsall when the new League One season starts on Saturday, August 6.
Russell Slade’s side, who just missed out on the play-offs last term, travel to Walsall, who just dodged the drop and are managed by former Orient favourite Dean Smith.
The O’s have a good chance to start the season with a bang as their first home game will be against another of last season’s strugglers Tranmere Rovers, when Les Parry’s side travel to the Matchroom Stadium on Saturday, August 13.
Ironically, it was Rovers who were the last visitors to Orient back in April and they ended Slade’s play-off dream with a surprise 3-0.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 4 Seven men charged following cannabis factory fight
- 5 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 6 'Immensely gratifying': Newham college celebrates upping Ofsted grade
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 9 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 10 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
O’s play two of their first three games at home and entertain newly-promoted Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday, August 16.
There is an early London derby as O’s go to Griffin Park on Saturday August 20 and then travel to Colchester three weeks later.
O’s have little travelling to do over Christmas as they entertain Milton Keynes Dons on Boxing Day and Charlton Athletic on New Year’s Eve, before travelling to newly –promoted Stevenage on Monday January 2.
Slade’s side end the season with a home game against Rochdale on Saturday, May 5.