New Leyton Orient fixture list out
Leyton Orient face an intriguing trip to Walsall when the new League One season starts on Saturday, August 6.
Russell Slade’s side, who just missed out on the play-offs last term, travel to Walsall, who just dodged the drop and are managed by former Orient favourite Dean Smith.
The O’s have a good chance to start the season with a bang as their first home game will be against another of last season’s strugglers Tranmere Rovers, when Les Parry’s side travel to the Matchroom Stadium on Saturday, August 13.
You may also want to watch:
Ironically, it was Rovers who were the last visitors to Orient back in April and they ended Slade’s play-off dream with a surprise 3-0.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
O’s play two of their first three games at home and entertain newly-promoted Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday, August 16.
There is an early London derby as O’s go to Griffin Park on Saturday August 20 and then travel to Colchester three weeks later.
O’s have little travelling to do over Christmas as they entertain Milton Keynes Dons on Boxing Day and Charlton Athletic on New Year’s Eve, before travelling to newly –promoted Stevenage on Monday January 2.
Slade’s side end the season with a home game against Rochdale on Saturday, May 5.