New Leyton Orient fixture list out
Leyton Orient face an intriguing trip to Walsall when the new League One season starts on Saturday, August 6.
Russell Slade’s side, who just missed out on the play-offs last term, travel to Walsall, who just dodged the drop and are managed by former Orient favourite Dean Smith.
The O’s have a good chance to start the season with a bang as their first home game will be against another of last season’s strugglers Tranmere Rovers, when Les Parry’s side travel to the Matchroom Stadium on Saturday, August 13.
You may also want to watch:
Ironically, it was Rovers who were the last visitors to Orient back in April and they ended Slade’s play-off dream with a surprise 3-0.
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 7 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 8 Dame Vera Lynn memorial campaign announced on first anniversary of star's death
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
O’s play two of their first three games at home and entertain newly-promoted Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday, August 16.
There is an early London derby as O’s go to Griffin Park on Saturday August 20 and then travel to Colchester three weeks later.
O’s have little travelling to do over Christmas as they entertain Milton Keynes Dons on Boxing Day and Charlton Athletic on New Year’s Eve, before travelling to newly –promoted Stevenage on Monday January 2.
Slade’s side end the season with a home game against Rochdale on Saturday, May 5.