New hotel in E16 brings dozens of jobs
Newham’s latest hotel, the 252-room Aloft London ExCeL, has opened.
As it name suggests it is next to the exhibition and conference centre at the Royal Docks.
They also share the same owners, the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company.
Operated by Starwood Hotels and Resorts, the hotel has created 66 new jobs with more than half drawn from the Newham workforce.
The hotel boasts a fitness centre, restaurant, pool and meeting rooms.
You may also want to watch:
With its loft-style rooms Aloft says it plans to “shake up the staid and traditional mid-market hotel sector”.
Ahead of its official music-led launch on November 15, Sanjay Tanna, ADNEC’s director of business development and investments, said he was very confident the success the partnership has enjoyed with Aloft Abu Dhabi, will be replicated with the new venture at ExCeL.
- 1 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 2 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 3 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs