New health centre opens at former Newham hospital
A new health centre built on the site of the old St Andrews Hospital in Bromley by Bow is now open for patients.
The state-of-the-art facilities at St Andrews Health Centre provide a walk-in service, together with St Andrews GP surgery and a host of community health services including health visitors, psychology, adult community nursing and diabetes clinics.
There is also an onsite pharmacy to provide patients with seamless care. The pharmacy and the walk-in service are open from 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday every day of the year.
The health centre was developed by NHS North East London and the City and with health funding from Tower Hamlets Council under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
May Cahill Medical Director for NHS North East London and the City said: “This is an excellent new health centre for the people of Tower Hamlets. It reflects our determination to develop high quality health facilities. The health centre allows us to build on providing a wide-range of health and community services for local people.
You may also want to watch:
The GP practice in the development is called St Andrews GP practice. Dr Sam Everington, a GP at the practice and chair of NHS Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group said: “This is an excellent new health centre for the people in and around Bromley by Bow. I am sure our patients will enjoy the modern building and the state of the art facilities.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 8 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final