New health centre opens at former Newham hospital
A new health centre built on the site of the old St Andrews Hospital in Bromley by Bow is now open for patients.
The state-of-the-art facilities at St Andrews Health Centre provide a walk-in service, together with St Andrews GP surgery and a host of community health services including health visitors, psychology, adult community nursing and diabetes clinics.
There is also an onsite pharmacy to provide patients with seamless care. The pharmacy and the walk-in service are open from 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday every day of the year.
The health centre was developed by NHS North East London and the City and with health funding from Tower Hamlets Council under section 106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
May Cahill Medical Director for NHS North East London and the City said: “This is an excellent new health centre for the people of Tower Hamlets. It reflects our determination to develop high quality health facilities. The health centre allows us to build on providing a wide-range of health and community services for local people.
You may also want to watch:
The GP practice in the development is called St Andrews GP practice. Dr Sam Everington, a GP at the practice and chair of NHS Tower Hamlets Clinical Commissioning Group said: “This is an excellent new health centre for the people in and around Bromley by Bow. I am sure our patients will enjoy the modern building and the state of the art facilities.”
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 7 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 10 PC dismissed after vulnerable teenager hit with baton 'at least' 30 times