New hair salon opens in East Village
- Credit: Archant
A brand new hair salon has opened in Stratford’s East Village.
Independent group Blue Tit kick-started their latest offering in Celebration Avenue with a launch party last week.
Adding to salons in Dalston, Clapton, Peckham, and Brockley, the company’s co-founder Andreas Hinteregger was delighted to be bringing his business to Newham.
“We haven’t even had much of a plan for the brand’s development, so to be opening our fifth salon in incredible,” he said.
“We’ve got no investment or anything, it’s still completely owned by us, there’s no-one else involved.
You may also want to watch:
“As we’ve gone on, the team’s grown and with our best team members we want to give them an opportunity to grow, so we open shops with them and now we’re here in East Village.”
Based in an area which once housed international athletes during the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the salon will offer haircuts and sell hair and beauty products.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Although part of an expanding chain, Mr Hinteregger admitted the Stratford addition has its own unique feel.
“We create all of our interiors and always take inspiration from the building itself,” he added.
“For the East Village we’ve gone away from all the recycled stuff we have in our other salons and it’s a bit more sleek and industrial.”
Prices start at £32 for a blow dry and go up to £170 for a Brazilian.
For more information visit bluetitlondon.com.