New finance course to start at Newham College
Finance driven students will have the opportunity to learn the tools needed to enter the industry after the introduction of a new course at Newham College.
Students at the college can start the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment’s (CISI) Fundamentals of Financial Services class from Tuesday, November 5, and course is also open to members of the public.
The 12 week evening course is a level 2 qualification and covers topics such as calculating interest rates, advantages and disadvantages in bond investments, links between savers and borrowers and finance terminology.
Ruth Martin, CISI Managing Director, said: “The CISI is committed to equipping talented people to enter the financial services industry.
“We are particularly excited that Newham College, so close to the City and Canary Wharf, is offering this programme.
You may also want to watch:
Gulshen Raif, Newham College’s business curriculum leader, said: “We have an open access admissions policy and we want local people to grab this unique opportunity.
“The partnership provides an exciting new opportunity for participants to gain professional skills and knowledge, recognised by the financial services industry.”
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
For information about the qualification and how to enrol email ExternalEnquiries@newham.ac.uk or call 020 8257 4446.