New finance course to start at Newham College
Finance driven students will have the opportunity to learn the tools needed to enter the industry after the introduction of a new course at Newham College.
Students at the college can start the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment’s (CISI) Fundamentals of Financial Services class from Tuesday, November 5, and course is also open to members of the public.
The 12 week evening course is a level 2 qualification and covers topics such as calculating interest rates, advantages and disadvantages in bond investments, links between savers and borrowers and finance terminology.
Ruth Martin, CISI Managing Director, said: “The CISI is committed to equipping talented people to enter the financial services industry.
“We are particularly excited that Newham College, so close to the City and Canary Wharf, is offering this programme.
You may also want to watch:
Gulshen Raif, Newham College’s business curriculum leader, said: “We have an open access admissions policy and we want local people to grab this unique opportunity.
“The partnership provides an exciting new opportunity for participants to gain professional skills and knowledge, recognised by the financial services industry.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
For information about the qualification and how to enrol email ExternalEnquiries@newham.ac.uk or call 020 8257 4446.