New dental clinic opens in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
Who better to open a new dental clinic in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park than an Olympian?
Kate Richardson-Walsh officially opened the state-of-the-art clinic in the Sir Ludwig Guttman Health and Wellbeing Centre yesterday, fresh from captaining her team to victory in the EuroHockey Championship.
The new clinic will be run by staff from Barts Health NHS Trust and Queen Mary University of London, who provided on-site dental care during the 2012 Games.
During the Olympics, Kate experienced the clinic first-hand after suffering a fractured jaw during a match.
She said: “The treatment I received from the team here during London 2012 was second to none and enabled me to make a swift return to the Games.
You may also want to watch:
“I am extremely proud to see their work continuing as we build on the Olympic legacy.”
The clinic will focus on paediatric dentistry, improving the oral health of children in Newham and the surrounding boroughs.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Dental students at the university will also be based at the clinic as part of their learning experience.
Dr Phil Taylor, clinical director for dentistry at Queen Mary University of London and Barts Health NHS Trust, added: “Our local communities face some of the most challenging health needs of anywhere in the UK.
“The new dental outreach clinic enables us to provide vital care in a first class clinical environment right on their doorstep, making it easier than ever for local people to receive the specialist care they need.”