New Canning Town apartments become fastest selling for agents
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 95 per cent of the new apartments on the site of the old Rathbone Market have been snapped up in a year.
Only 15 flats remain out of the 271 built in the Vermilion building in Canning Town and it is the fastest selling scheme for selling agents Hampton International.
The 21-storey building, containing one-bedroom apartments from £245,000 to a three bedroom penthouse worth £695,000, has proven popular with first-time buyers in particular since properties went on the market in March last year.
Tom Hawkins, associate at Hampton International, said: “The uptake has been faster than anticipated.
“You’re never sure how buyers will take to a new development, particularly one at the heart of such a vast regeneration scheme, but the response at Vermilion has been hugely positive and the sales rate has far exceeded our expectations.
You may also want to watch:
“The most encouraging thing has been the number of first time buyers keen to buy into the scheme, a large proportion of our sales have been to this demographic.”
The redevelopment of the site is the first phase of a £180million regeneration scheme which is part of a Newham Council’s Canning Town and Custom House masterplan that will see £3.7billion invested over the next 10 years.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford