New Barts Health chairman announced
- Credit: Heidi Mulhall
The new chairman of Barts Health NHS Trust has been announced as John Bacon.
The former chair of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust will take up his position on Saturday, August 1.
With over 30 years experience of working within the NHS, he will take over Philip Wright, who has been acting chairman since Sir Stephen O’Brien stepped down in March.
Mr Bacon said: “I am very grateful for the opportunity to chair Barts Health.
“I have a long association with the hospitals within the Trust and I look forward to working with my new colleagues, partners and the local community to provide the best possible healthcare for the people of east London.”
You may also want to watch:
He has been appointed for three years, remaining in the position until July 2017.
The trust operates five hospitals across east London, including Newham University Hospital.
- 1 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 2 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 6 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 CCTV image released after rape reported in Forest Gate
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham