New Barts Health chairman announced
- Credit: Heidi Mulhall
The new chairman of Barts Health NHS Trust has been announced as John Bacon.
The former chair of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust will take up his position on Saturday, August 1.
With over 30 years experience of working within the NHS, he will take over Philip Wright, who has been acting chairman since Sir Stephen O’Brien stepped down in March.
Mr Bacon said: “I am very grateful for the opportunity to chair Barts Health.
“I have a long association with the hospitals within the Trust and I look forward to working with my new colleagues, partners and the local community to provide the best possible healthcare for the people of east London.”
He has been appointed for three years, remaining in the position until July 2017.
The trust operates five hospitals across east London, including Newham University Hospital.
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 4 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 7 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 8 Mother and daughter, 3, left without boiler as temperatures hit freezing
- 9 Sixth form rated Outstanding in all categories by Ofsted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'