Nell McAndrew launches Poppy People campaign at Westfield
TV personality Nell McAndrew is launching the Royal British Legion’s Poppy People campaign at Westfield Stratford City today.
The campiagn is a national recruitment drive for Poppy Appeal volunteers.
She will be joined by two Guardsman from the 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards as she appeals for a new generation of volunteers to step forward.
Nell said: “I’m thrilled to be launching Poppy People. Volunteers played a big part in making this an unforgettable summer of sport and were a source of national pride, as were our Armed Forces who stepped in at the last minute to support the Games.
“The Legion helps young people and their families who are in Service or have recently left, so we’re urging younger volunteers to come forward to reflect this support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Poppy Appeal is the Legion’s principal way of raising money during the year, and thousands of volunteers are needed to do a variety of roles such as distributing poppies and collecting on streets, in shops and workplaces.
To find out how to get involved, go to www.britishlegion.org.uk/support-us/volunteering
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Children demand action on global warming at Upton Park protest
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley