Nell McAndrew launches Poppy People campaign at Westfield
TV personality Nell McAndrew is launching the Royal British Legion’s Poppy People campaign at Westfield Stratford City today.
The campiagn is a national recruitment drive for Poppy Appeal volunteers.
She will be joined by two Guardsman from the 2nd Battalion Grenadier Guards as she appeals for a new generation of volunteers to step forward.
Nell said: “I’m thrilled to be launching Poppy People. Volunteers played a big part in making this an unforgettable summer of sport and were a source of national pride, as were our Armed Forces who stepped in at the last minute to support the Games.
“The Legion helps young people and their families who are in Service or have recently left, so we’re urging younger volunteers to come forward to reflect this support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Poppy Appeal is the Legion’s principal way of raising money during the year, and thousands of volunteers are needed to do a variety of roles such as distributing poppies and collecting on streets, in shops and workplaces.
To find out how to get involved, go to www.britishlegion.org.uk/support-us/volunteering
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 7 Tokyo or bust for Newham Beagles and Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah
- 8 Charting Jack the Ripper's 'rival' in the West Ham murders
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration