Neighbour helps Manor Park family flee fire on builder’s ladder
- Credit: Archant
Two families were forced to make a dramatic escape after a fire blocked their front door.
A mother and three children became trapped in the upstairs flat in Michigan Avenue, Manor Park, after an electrical unit caught fire just inside the front door last night.
Their neighbour helped them escape through the window on a builder’s ladder, while a family of five – including four children – were forced to flee through the window in the downstairs flat.
No one was injured in the fire, which firefighters from Ilford station brought under control in 20 minutes after they were called at 8pm.
The blaze is not being treated as suspicious.
Were you in the fire? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 477 3886.