NCT Newham ‘Big Push’ raises thousands for charity
- Credit: Archant
Simply walking, skating, riding and scooting around Central Park in East Ham raised £1,100 for charity.
More than 35 families completed Sunday’s 5km ‘Big Push’, organised by NCT Newham, which helped raise awareness and funds for postnatal depression.
Kelly Drake, chair of NCT Newham, said: “We had a fantastic turnout and the weather was very kind to us. It was a really good fun day and a great way to raise money and awareness.
“I hope doing events like this emphasises the need for people to reach out if they are not feeling happy after they have a baby and not to suffer alone.”
For more information about NCT Newham and the services it provides for pregnant women and parents, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kelly on 07789 953151.
- 1 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 6 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 7 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 8 Hammers fans show support for Christmas Toy Appeal
- 9 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences