Nativity comes to the Isle of Dogs - with a real donkey!
Would you like the chance to take part in a nativity procession with Mary, Joseph and a real life donkey? Then this is your lucky Christmas!
The Space arts centre, Mudchute Farm and Christ Church have teamed up to create a unique Christmas experience for the residents of the Isle of Dogs.
On Sunday, December 8 Mary and Joseph will leave Christ Church at 2pm on a real donkey and travel along Manchester Road to Mudchute Farm where there will be a “living crib” of animals.
Along their way, Mary and Joseph will be interacting with the community and some interesting characters, including shepherds, innkeepers and the Three Kings.
Space arts centre director Adam Hemming said: “This is a great opportunity for the community to come together and experience the story as it happens.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be running free workshops to rehearse for the event on Monday, December 2 at 7.30pm and Saturday, December 7 at 11am, at the Space on Westferry Road.
“We’re looking for enthusiastic people to take part, get in touch to get involved by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 020 7515 7799.”
- 1 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 2 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 5 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 6 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 7 Levels youngsters sign Premier League and Football League contracts
- 8 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 9 How Ben Levinson OBE has helped turn around Kensington Primary School
- 10 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
*The Recorder will have a photographer at the procession so look out for pictures of the day in next week’s paper.