Nativity comes to the Isle of Dogs - with a real donkey!
Would you like the chance to take part in a nativity procession with Mary, Joseph and a real life donkey? Then this is your lucky Christmas!
The Space arts centre, Mudchute Farm and Christ Church have teamed up to create a unique Christmas experience for the residents of the Isle of Dogs.
On Sunday, December 8 Mary and Joseph will leave Christ Church at 2pm on a real donkey and travel along Manchester Road to Mudchute Farm where there will be a “living crib” of animals.
Along their way, Mary and Joseph will be interacting with the community and some interesting characters, including shepherds, innkeepers and the Three Kings.
Space arts centre director Adam Hemming said: “This is a great opportunity for the community to come together and experience the story as it happens.
“We will be running free workshops to rehearse for the event on Monday, December 2 at 7.30pm and Saturday, December 7 at 11am, at the Space on Westferry Road.
“We’re looking for enthusiastic people to take part, get in touch to get involved by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7515 7799.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 3 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
*The Recorder will have a photographer at the procession so look out for pictures of the day in next week’s paper.