Nativity comes to the Isle of Dogs - with a real donkey!
Would you like the chance to take part in a nativity procession with Mary, Joseph and a real life donkey? Then this is your lucky Christmas!
The Space arts centre, Mudchute Farm and Christ Church have teamed up to create a unique Christmas experience for the residents of the Isle of Dogs.
On Sunday, December 8 Mary and Joseph will leave Christ Church at 2pm on a real donkey and travel along Manchester Road to Mudchute Farm where there will be a “living crib” of animals.
Along their way, Mary and Joseph will be interacting with the community and some interesting characters, including shepherds, innkeepers and the Three Kings.
Space arts centre director Adam Hemming said: “This is a great opportunity for the community to come together and experience the story as it happens.
You may also want to watch:
“We will be running free workshops to rehearse for the event on Monday, December 2 at 7.30pm and Saturday, December 7 at 11am, at the Space on Westferry Road.
“We’re looking for enthusiastic people to take part, get in touch to get involved by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 7515 7799.”
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
- 10 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
*The Recorder will have a photographer at the procession so look out for pictures of the day in next week’s paper.