National award shortlist for Newham’s healthcare services
- Credit: Archant
Newham’s healthcare providers have been shortlisted for a national award.
The Health Service Journal awards recognise best practice and innovation within a number of categories.
NHS Newham CCG, which commissions most health services in the borough, was shortlisted for its latent TB screening and treatment programme in the primary care innovation category.
It also has been recognised in the working with carers to improve care category.
Chairman of the CCG, Dr Zuhair Zarifa, said: “I am absolutely delighted that the work we are doing here in Newham to tackle TB and the work to support the thousands of carers in Newham has been recognised by the HSJ.”
You may also want to watch:
The East London Foundation Trust, which delivers mental health and community services in the borough, was also shortlisted in four categories: provider of the year, board leadership, workforce and staff engagement.
Chief executive Robert Dolan added: “We are pleased to have been shortlisted for four national awards.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 92 arrests as police respond to community concerns about crime
- 5 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 6 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 7 Stephen Timms 'cannot forgive attacker without meeting face-to-face'
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Newham to 'bring back the broom' as recycling gets boost
- 10 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
“This is testament to the hard work of our staff and the valuable input of our service users.”
More than 1600 submissions were received from over 600 different organisations, with the shortlisted trusts now required to deliver presentations and interviews as part of the judging process.
The winners will be announced in November.