N86 night bus crashes at Stratford Broadway as driver falls ill
A night bus crashed into a bus-shelter in Stratford Broadway in east London in the early hours of this-morning.
The driver of the N86 was taken ill, which resulted in the vehicle colliding with the shelter on the pavement.
Now the operators have begun a full investigation into the accident.
“One of our vehicles was involved in an incident at around 4.45am today,” a Stagecoach Buses spokesman confirmed tonight.
“The driver appears to have been taken ill while on duty and as a result, the vehicle was involved in a collision with a bus-shelter at Stratford Broadway.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be carrying out a full investigation as safety is an absolute priority.”
There were no injuries to any passengers in the incident, it is understood.
- 1 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 2 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Secondary claims to be 'billion-pound school' based on earnings research
- 5 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 6 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 7 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 8 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 9 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 10 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed