Musical adventure for babies in Newham
- Credit: Spitalfields Music
Babies and toddlers will be able to head out on a musical adventure this month with an award-winning opera project.
Newham Music Trust has teamed up with Spitalfields Music to bring their acclaimed opera adventure to various locations across the borough for families to enjoy.
Musical Rumpus: Lyrebird, a musical adventure for babies & toddlers will head to Rebecca Cheetham Children’s Centre, Stratford, Canberra Children’s Centre, East Ham, and The Gate, Beckton as well as Custom House libraries between October 24 and 27.
Safiyyah Mansoor, Children’s Coordinator from Rebecca Cheetham, who hosted sessions earlier this year, said: “Following parent requests I looked around for musical activities around the local area.
“I was struggling to find something suitable for children under 5 until I met Liz from the Newham Music who helped us facilitate Musical Rumpus.
“Our families absolutely loved the performance and I feel like the whole organisation had thought about every small detail, including baby catchers for the toddlers and crawlers! It was magical to see parents and babies enjoy classical music together.”
Musical Rumpus, an interactive opera series for babies and toddlers, creates stories using operatic works by famous composers.
- 1 Newham refuse workers vote to strike over pay dispute
- 2 West Ham United 'didn't have any luck' at Forest says Moyes
- 3 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 4 Hard-working Leyton Orient 'nowhere near best' in Mansfield win says Wellens
- 5 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 6 West Ham United fall to Nottingham Forest
- 7 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 8 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 9 London among areas where drought is declared
- 10 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
For more information or to book tickets visit: spitalfieldsmusic.org.uk/whats-on