Musical adventure for babies in Newham
- Credit: Spitalfields Music
Babies and toddlers will be able to head out on a musical adventure this month with an award-winning opera project.
Newham Music Trust has teamed up with Spitalfields Music to bring their acclaimed opera adventure to various locations across the borough for families to enjoy.
Musical Rumpus: Lyrebird, a musical adventure for babies & toddlers will head to Rebecca Cheetham Children’s Centre, Stratford, Canberra Children’s Centre, East Ham, and The Gate, Beckton as well as Custom House libraries between October 24 and 27.
Safiyyah Mansoor, Children’s Coordinator from Rebecca Cheetham, who hosted sessions earlier this year, said: “Following parent requests I looked around for musical activities around the local area.
“I was struggling to find something suitable for children under 5 until I met Liz from the Newham Music who helped us facilitate Musical Rumpus.
You may also want to watch:
“Our families absolutely loved the performance and I feel like the whole organisation had thought about every small detail, including baby catchers for the toddlers and crawlers! It was magical to see parents and babies enjoy classical music together.”
Musical Rumpus, an interactive opera series for babies and toddlers, creates stories using operatic works by famous composers.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 6 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
For more information or to book tickets visit: spitalfieldsmusic.org.uk/whats-on