MURDER UPDATE: Police appeal over 16-year-old’s murder by black-clad youths
DETECTIVES investigating the slaying of a 16-year-old youth in Plaistow have appealed for help in tracing the gunmen while confirming the victim was Samuel Adelagun, which was widely reported.
Today the landlord of the house where the shot victims took refuge said he was called by a tenant to come over. When he got, he told the Recorder, there he discovered armed police had ordered everyone out of the house.
A neighbour, who would only give her name as Maria, added: “My neighbour said she heard screams and someone asking for help.”
The stretch of Chesterton Road was closed off while forensic officers scoured the street and the parkland for clues.
The suspects, reportedly teenagers themselves, were dressed in black and wearing balaclavas and detectives do not know if they came or went in a vehicle.
A street sign on the corner of Chesterton Road, Plaistow has been turned into a shrine to Samuel.
Flowers have now been joined by candles, scarves and even a bottle of Jack Daniels whisky placed at the junction with London Road just yards from where he was killed.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 4 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 10 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8733 4704 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.