MURDER UPDATE: Police appeal over 16-year-old’s murder by black-clad youths
DETECTIVES investigating the slaying of a 16-year-old youth in Plaistow have appealed for help in tracing the gunmen while confirming the victim was Samuel Adelagun, which was widely reported.
Today the landlord of the house where the shot victims took refuge said he was called by a tenant to come over. When he got, he told the Recorder, there he discovered armed police had ordered everyone out of the house.
A neighbour, who would only give her name as Maria, added: “My neighbour said she heard screams and someone asking for help.”
The stretch of Chesterton Road was closed off while forensic officers scoured the street and the parkland for clues.
The suspects, reportedly teenagers themselves, were dressed in black and wearing balaclavas and detectives do not know if they came or went in a vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
A street sign on the corner of Chesterton Road, Plaistow has been turned into a shrine to Samuel.
Flowers have now been joined by candles, scarves and even a bottle of Jack Daniels whisky placed at the junction with London Road just yards from where he was killed.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 10 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8733 4704 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.