Murder update:Balaclava-clad men fired shots
ARMED gunmen, wearing balaclavas opened fire on a group of friends, leading to death of a teenager in Plaistow in the early hours of this morning.
The 16-year-old was discovered in Chesterton Road but was pronounced dead at the scene. He was shot in the upper left chest.
His family has been informed though police are waiting for formal identification. A post mortem will be carried out at Walthamstow mortuary tomorrow morning.
A 15-year-old boy, who was shot in the abdomen, was taken to an east London hospital where his condition was described as “stable”.
Police were called at 3.20am to Chesterton Road following reports of two teenagers suffering with gunshot wounds. The incident occurred at a patch of parkland at the junction of Upper Road with Chesterton Road.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard said a group of four friends were in Upper Road when two gunmen appeared behind them and began firing. Four shots were discharged.
The suspects were said to be dressed in black with balaclavas.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 6 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Falling sign injures four in Upton Park
The murder is being investigated by Operation Trident - the unit dedicated to tackling crime within black communities in the capital. An incident room has been opened under DCI John Mackenzie.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact the incident room on (020) 8733 4704 or to call Crimestoppers if they want to remain anonymous.