Murder probe launched in Forest Gate after woman stabbed to death
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a mother of two was found stabbed to death in a Forest Gate flat.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at just before 9am on Friday to reports of a stabbing at a ground floor flat in George Carver House, Station Road.
Officers arrived at the scene where the woman, identified as Amina Bibi, 43, was pronounced dead at the scene. She was married with two children.
A post-mortem examination at East Ham Mortuary on Saturday gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) have launched a murder investigation, under Detective Chief Inspector David Whellams.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I believe we are looking for a lone suspect, a man who made off from the scene on foot along Forest Street in the direction of Field Road.
“It is likely that this man would have been bloodstained and was possibly carrying some clothing.”
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 9 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 10 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
Police are officers are keeping an open mind as to a motive.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation should call the incident room at Barking on 020 8345 3775. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.