Murder probe as teenager, 15, found dead in bath in Manor Park
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a “badly injured” 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
The teenager was discovered drowned a block of flats in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park, at around 12.15pm.
Scotland Yard said officers found the boy in the bath with a “number of injuries” and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man and a woman, both believed to be aged 27, have been arrested by police and are in custody at separate East London police stations.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service following reports of a drowning. An air ambulance was also called to the scene.
Police said the death was being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem examination is being arranged. The Met’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 7 West Ham sign World Cup-winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan
- 8 'Life-saving' service at Canning Town homeless charity scoops £150k
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
Police said the boy’s next of kin had been informed.