Murder probe as teenager, 15, found dead in bath in Manor Park
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a “badly injured” 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
The teenager was discovered drowned a block of flats in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park, at around 12.15pm.
Scotland Yard said officers found the boy in the bath with a “number of injuries” and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man and a woman, both believed to be aged 27, have been arrested by police and are in custody at separate East London police stations.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service following reports of a drowning. An air ambulance was also called to the scene.
Police said the death was being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem examination is being arranged. The Met’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 2 First Omicron case reported in Newham
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 8 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 9 Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan forming a strong partnership for Leyton Orient
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
Police said the boy’s next of kin had been informed.