Murder probe as teenager, 15, found dead in bath in Manor Park
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a “badly injured” 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
The teenager was discovered drowned a block of flats in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park, at around 12.15pm.
Scotland Yard said officers found the boy in the bath with a “number of injuries” and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man and a woman, both believed to be aged 27, have been arrested by police and are in custody at separate East London police stations.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service following reports of a drowning. An air ambulance was also called to the scene.
Police said the death was being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem examination is being arranged. The Met’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 4 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Mayor of Newham: 'Supporting young people after tragedies'
- 9 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
Police said the boy’s next of kin had been informed.