Murder probe as teenager, 15, found dead in bath in Manor Park
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
MURDER squad officers have launched an investigation after a “badly injured” 15-year-old boy was found dead in a bath on Christmas Day.
The teenager was discovered drowned a block of flats in Hathaway Crescent, Manor Park, at around 12.15pm.
Scotland Yard said officers found the boy in the bath with a “number of injuries” and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man and a woman, both believed to be aged 27, have been arrested by police and are in custody at separate East London police stations.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service following reports of a drowning. An air ambulance was also called to the scene.
Police said the death was being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem examination is being arranged. The Met’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating.
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Man charged with Beckton murder as victim named
- 3 Maryland machete murderer found guilty - as police hunt second attacker
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 3 arrests after death of man found unresponsive in Beckton
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Jailed: Forest Gate serial arsonist who started more than two dozen fires
- 8 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 9 Revealed: Cause of terraced houses blaze in East Ham
- 10 Have you seen Lisa, 47, who is missing from Forest Gate?
Police said the boy’s next of kin had been informed.