Murder probe after body found in Forest Gate
POLICE today launched a murder probe after a man’s body was found at a house in Forest Gate.
Ambulance crews were called to the property in Capel Road at around 1pm on Monday.
A 37-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. He has yet to be formally identified.
A postmortem held at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
Police say the property where the victim was found had recently been used as a squat.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe he had not been seen since January 20 and could have been attacked as early as that date.
They are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard a disturbance or witnessed any activity at the house in the last few weeks.
- 1 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 2 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 3 Stratford fast food shop destroyed by 'deep fat fryer' blaze
- 4 Two Levels FC youngsters seal deals with Football League clubs
- 5 Mayor pledges to continue focus on election promises after Newham referendum result
- 6 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 7 East Ham Central welcomes new Labour councillor
- 8 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 9 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
Anyone with information is asked to call (020) 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.