Murder probe after body found in Forest Gate
POLICE today launched a murder probe after a man’s body was found at a house in Forest Gate.
Ambulance crews were called to the property in Capel Road at around 1pm on Monday.
A 37-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. He has yet to be formally identified.
A postmortem held at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave the cause of death as severe blunt trauma injuries to the head.
Police say the property where the victim was found had recently been used as a squat.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives believe he had not been seen since January 20 and could have been attacked as early as that date.
They are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or heard a disturbance or witnessed any activity at the house in the last few weeks.
- 1 Stephen Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 4 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 5 Police appeal to bystanders in alleged rape case
- 6 Indian restaurants to try in Newham, as recommended by readers
- 7 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Campaigners protest City Farm closure at Town Hall with 6,000-strong petition
- 10 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
Anyone with information is asked to call (020) 8345 3985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.