Murder investigation launched after death of Plaistow teenager
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after the death of a teenager who was stabbed in December.
Ayodele Osifuwa, 17, of Chesterton Road, Plaistow, succumbed to his injuries on Friday at The Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel, where he has been since being attacked in Limes Avenue in Chigwell shortly before 8pm on Monday, December 9.
Following his death police have launched a murder investigation and are urging anyone who has not yet spoken to police to get in touch.
Police have already charged 20-year-old Marcus Audain, of no fixed abode, with causing GBH with intent.
He is currently remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, March 17.
You may also want to watch:
Two others, a 20-year-old man from Ilford and a 17-year-old boy from Walthamstow, are currently on bail pending further enquiries until March 4.
Anyone with information should contact detectives at Loughton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Player ratings: Cresswell shines for West Ham in KRC Genk victory