Murder investigation launched after death of Plaistow teenager
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after the death of a teenager who was stabbed in December.
Ayodele Osifuwa, 17, of Chesterton Road, Plaistow, succumbed to his injuries on Friday at The Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel, where he has been since being attacked in Limes Avenue in Chigwell shortly before 8pm on Monday, December 9.
Following his death police have launched a murder investigation and are urging anyone who has not yet spoken to police to get in touch.
Police have already charged 20-year-old Marcus Audain, of no fixed abode, with causing GBH with intent.
He is currently remanded in custody to appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on Monday, March 17.
You may also want to watch:
Two others, a 20-year-old man from Ilford and a 17-year-old boy from Walthamstow, are currently on bail pending further enquiries until March 4.
Anyone with information should contact detectives at Loughton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'