Mural wins money for Canning Town nursery
- Credit: Archant
A Canning Town nursery has won £1,000 for its mural design in a national competition.
Moksluikas nursery, in Radland Road, entered their London themed mural into the Dulux Let’s Colour competition.
Facebook users were invited to vote for their favourite of the 20 shortlisted designs.
In a closely fought competition, Moksliukas received 3,879 votes, claiming victory by just 36 votes.
The nursery, which is part of the Lithuanian Christian Church, received a donation from the scheme earlier this year to allow it to paint the new mural.
It features Noah’s Ark sailing on the River Thames as well as iconic London landmarks such as Big Ben.
Staff now plan to use the money to make even more improvements to the building, allowing future pupils to make the most of their facilities.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 One arrest, man in hospital after Stratford station attack
- 3 New Upton Park diner offers free burgers to first 100 customers
- 4 Motorcyclist, 19, remains in ‘life-threatening’ condition after A13 incident
- 5 New online information resource set up for Newham families
- 6 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 7 Overnight closure of Stratford Centre to continue for another 18 months
- 8 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 9 Motorcyclist, 19, in critical condition after hitting barriers on A13 Newham Way
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
Project leader, Svetlana Karpaviciene said: “We’re absolutely over the moon to have won and we’d like to thank everyone who logged on to vote.
“£1,000 will go a long way and we can’t wait to see how we can revamp the space even more.”