Mural wins money for Canning Town nursery
- Credit: Archant
A Canning Town nursery has won £1,000 for its mural design in a national competition.
Moksluikas nursery, in Radland Road, entered their London themed mural into the Dulux Let’s Colour competition.
Facebook users were invited to vote for their favourite of the 20 shortlisted designs.
In a closely fought competition, Moksliukas received 3,879 votes, claiming victory by just 36 votes.
The nursery, which is part of the Lithuanian Christian Church, received a donation from the scheme earlier this year to allow it to paint the new mural.
You may also want to watch:
It features Noah’s Ark sailing on the River Thames as well as iconic London landmarks such as Big Ben.
Staff now plan to use the money to make even more improvements to the building, allowing future pupils to make the most of their facilities.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 5 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 9 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 10 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
Project leader, Svetlana Karpaviciene said: “We’re absolutely over the moon to have won and we’d like to thank everyone who logged on to vote.
“£1,000 will go a long way and we can’t wait to see how we can revamp the space even more.”