‘Much loved’ Gallions Reach Shopping Centre manager dies aged 43
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to prominent businesswoman Catherine Goddard, manager of Gallions Reach Shopping Park for the past six years, following her death from cancer aged 43.
Mum-of-one Catherine, who was a supporter of the Newham Chamber of Commerce, died as a result of the disease earlier this month. She leaves behind son Ben, 18.
During her lifetime, Catherine backed fundraising campaigns for Cancer Research UK having seen her mother succumb to breast cancer and herself battling the disease. She was also a keen supporter of St Francis Hospice in Romford.
John James, executive secretary at Newham Chamber of Commerce, said Catherine “always had a smile and a joke and will be sadly missed”, adding: “She had a very proactive outlook to her tenants needs and really cared about her community.”
A spokesman for Gallions Reach, Beckton, described Catherine as a “well respected and much loved member of the team” and said she would be “greatly missed” by colleagues and friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Our thoughts and sympathies are with her family at this difficult time,” he added.
Catherine’s funeral is due to take place next week.
- 1 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 2 Westfield Stratford City reopens after shop fire caused by electrical fault
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 5 Neighbours call for mortuary car wash plans to be reversed
- 6 Manor Park Fitness Centre closing to make way for 'affordable' homes
- 7 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 8 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 9 Pressure mounts on town hall with second Stratford Circus protest
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences