Mother of all parties
THERE was no shortage of things to celebrate for a charity that provides support to older Asian people in Manor Park last week.
Ekta, which offers befriending and support services to the elderly and housebound, held an end of year party at the Jack Cornwell Centre to mark Christmas, New Year and Diwali as well as the achievements of its volunteers.
Ramesh Verma, chief executive of Ekta, said: “It was a really good event despite the snow.
“We had 140 people come to celebrate many things all in one go.”
As well as performances, including traditional dance and song, a cake cutting ceremony was held for Ramesh for achieving an MBA at UEL.
You may also want to watch:
Volunteers were also given shawls and cardigans for offering their services to the charity.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 4 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election