Mother injured in kitchen fire

A WOMAN suffered burns to her arms and legs as she tried to tackle a flaming pan of oil at her home in Stratford.

The 31-year-old mother of two had left the pan unattended and there was no fire alarm to warn her that it had burst into flames.

It was when she grabbed the pan to dispose of the oil that the contents splashed over here. The burns are not thought to be serious.

Fire crews after tackling the incident fitted free fire alarms to the injured woman’s home in Meath Road.

Free home fire-safety checks are available by contacting 08000 284428 or emailing smokalarm@london-fire.gov.uk


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter