Mother and son cleared over involvement in car park death
A MOTHER and her teenage son have been cleared of impeding the police investigation into the death of 17 year-old Olukorede Fajinmi during a gang clash in Beckton.
The 47 year-old woman was said to have deliberately concealed a bloodstained jacket belonging to her child, who was a friend of the victim.
They had originally stood trial alongside a 16 year-old boy accused of murdering Mr Fajinmi during a fight in the car park of the Powerleague leisure centre in Jenkins Lane at around 8.45pm on February 19 this year.
Last week the youth was cleared of all charges after the judge ruled he acted in self defence.
Jurors have now cleared the mother and 16 year-old of perverting the course of justice after deliberating for two days.
You may also want to watch:
The son had already been cleared of wounding with intent in relation to an alleged revenge attack on the youth who stabbed Mr Fajinmi.
Witnesses accepted that it was in fact Mr Fajinmi who caused the two knife wounds to the teenager’s back before suffering the fatal injury to his heart.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 4 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 5 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 9 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
The clash was between two gangs from the Dagenham area who happened to spot each other in Beckton.
None of the accused can be named for legal reasons.