Moses became a man at MK Dons says Slade
Orient chief is full of praise for youngster
Orient manager Russell Slade was full of praise for teenager Moses Odubajo despite the club’s 1-0 defeat at the MK Dons on Wednesday night.
Ryan Lowe’s goal just before the interval condemned Orient to their fourth straight league defeat, but after a poor first half display the O’s hit back after the interval and were unfortunate not to take a point.
Odubajo turned in another good performance at right-back and after the game Slade said: “He became a man tonight.
“This is the MK Dons, this is a big stadium, one of the bigger teams away from home in the league and have they been in the play offs three years running and Mo didn’t look out of it.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch.”
The 19-year-old was not the only one to earn praise, as striker David Mooney, who went close to levelling three times in the second half, was also singled out by the manager.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
“David couldn’t have given any more, he worked tirelessly and in the second half he’s got in some great positions and there was a couple of opportunities which their keeper has made good saves from,” said Slade.
“The important thing is he is getting there and getting into those areas and we have created three or four half decent chances and on the second half performance I felt we deserved something out of the game.”