More tributes as post mortem shows Custom House murder victim died of stab wound to neck
Police inquiries are continuing into the murder of a teenager in Custom House.
And the results of a post mortem revealed minutes ago have confirmed that Danny O’Shea died of a stab wound to the neck after he had his throat cut.
The family of a Danny, 18, were devasted following his killing just yards from his home.
Floral tributes have been left at the scene, including one which read: “To our darling bro Danny, we miss you so much.” A family spokesman asked for privacy and simply said: “Danny was a good boy.”
Grandfather Michael O’Shea said: “We are all still in shock.”
Police were called to Gill Avenue, Custom House, shortly after 6.15pm on Friday following reports of an injured male. Officers found Danny suffering from stab wounds.
London Ambulance Service and the London Air Ambulance were also called to the scene.
- 1 'There is a cover-up going on somewhere', says flat death OAP's daughter
- 2 Reward offered to trace Maryland fatal stabbing 'suspect'
- 3 West Ham need to 'improve everything' for Forest trip says Soucek
- 4 Man suffers leg wound in Beckton stabbing
- 5 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 6 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 7 Wellens takes positives from Leyton Orient cup exit
- 8 Leyton Orient bow out of EFL Cup at Forest Green Rovers
- 9 Extreme heat: Met Office issues warning as temperatures set to soar
- 10 Young children in east London to be offered polio booster jabs
But despite the efforts of paramedics to keep him alive, he was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.50pm.
There have been no arrests.
Forensic officers and other police were combing the scene for evidence until darkness fell last night. Det Chief Insp John MacDonald of the Homicide and Serious Crimes Command said: “We believe that the victim may have been chased from Butchers Road at the junction of Hooper Road down into Boreham Avenue, The people chasing him comprised of a group of black males. The area would have been quite busy on a Friday night, and we need anyone who saw anything suspicious to call us.”
Anyone with information or witnesses can contacted the incident room on (020) 8345 3985 or anonymously on Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.
Danny lived with his mother Julia and her husband Jim and had two older sisters. Floral tributes have been left at the family’s front garden. Tributes have been created on social networking sites, one of which has been visited by over 500 people. One said: “RIP big man, we are gonna miss you up there,”
Others said : “Sleep tight” and “I can’t get my head around this.” Another added: “A young life taken too soon. Devastation for the family.”