More speakers lined up for Newham’s Ideas Olympiad
An insights into how stores like Ikea attract shoppers to goods will be revealed at Newham’s Ideas Olympiad.
Professor Alan Penn, from University College London, will explain how designers set out to confuse people into buying items that are not on their shopping lists.
Visitors will be able to ask him questions during the event at the Stratford Picturehouse in Salway Road at 7pm on September 3.
On September 6, Lord Hall, chairman of the Cultural Olympiad and chief executive of the Royal Opera House, will discuss the Olympic Games.
He will talk about what it take for Britain to remain a ‘global example of cultural diversity’. The event also starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to get tickets, visit www.newham.gov.uk/ideasolympiad.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work