More speakers lined up for Newham’s Ideas Olympiad
An insights into how stores like Ikea attract shoppers to goods will be revealed at Newham’s Ideas Olympiad.
Professor Alan Penn, from University College London, will explain how designers set out to confuse people into buying items that are not on their shopping lists.
Visitors will be able to ask him questions during the event at the Stratford Picturehouse in Salway Road at 7pm on September 3.
On September 6, Lord Hall, chairman of the Cultural Olympiad and chief executive of the Royal Opera House, will discuss the Olympic Games.
He will talk about what it take for Britain to remain a ‘global example of cultural diversity’. The event also starts at 7pm.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to get tickets, visit www.newham.gov.uk/ideasolympiad.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation