More injury worries for Orient boss Slade
Manager set for a body count before Coventry test
Orient manager Russell Slade faces an injury crisis ahead of Saturday’s home game with Coventry City as only half the squad were fit enough to train today.
“We are going to have to have a body count before the game,” said Slade.
“Leon McSweeney has a calf problem and he along with Moses (Odubajo) and Martin Rowlands are all serious doubts.
“While Ryan Allsop, Ryan Brunt, Ben Chorley, Nathan Clarke, Dean Cox and Jimmy Smith are also struggling, but fortunately none of the injuries are long term.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s just the hectic run of games is starting to catch up with us.”
Orient have lost their last two matches and face a tough test against Coventry City who seem to be slowly coming to terms with life in League One.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 5 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 9 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
“They don’t come any tougher,” said Slade.
“Coventry have had a couple of really difficult seasons and they are a big football club to be playing at this level.”
The O’s will also be without striker Kevin Lisbie who is recovering from a hamstring injury and goals have been a major problem for Slade’s side having scored just once in their last five league games.
“It is a concern,” admitted Slade.
“Both Lisbie and Scott Cuthbert are ready to start training next week and to have those two back will certainly help and strengthen us up.”