Mooney signs new Orient deal
- Credit: Archant
Irishman agrees two-year stay
Leyton Orient have confirmed that striker David Mooney has signed a new two-year deal at the club.
Mooney joined at the start of the 2011/12 campaign and netted 13 times last season as Russell Slade’s men finished just outside the League One play-off zone.
Slade said: “Mooney enjoyed his best season with us last year and scored some really important goals.
“It’s great to get him tied down with a new contract. For the way we play, he fits perfectly into the make-up of the team.”
You may also want to watch:
Irishman Mooney was named Community Player of the Year in 2012 for his off-field work and also received an Outstanding Achievement award for work with Hackney’s St Joseph’s Hospice earlier this year.
- 1 'Dangerous and predatory' Newham man found guilty of child sex assault
- 2 Take a peek inside The Boleyn Tavern as it prepares to welcome punters
- 3 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 4 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 5 Investigation launched after two young men stabbed in Newham
- 6 Free cultural events and family activities in the Royal Docks announced
- 7 Demand for urgent action as Newham lags behind in Covid-19 jabs
- 8 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race UK star Bimini Bon Boulash makes Covid-19 jabs call at London Stadium pop-up clinic
- 10 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'