Mooney signs new Orient deal
- Credit: Archant
Irishman agrees two-year stay
Leyton Orient have confirmed that striker David Mooney has signed a new two-year deal at the club.
Mooney joined at the start of the 2011/12 campaign and netted 13 times last season as Russell Slade’s men finished just outside the League One play-off zone.
Slade said: “Mooney enjoyed his best season with us last year and scored some really important goals.
“It’s great to get him tied down with a new contract. For the way we play, he fits perfectly into the make-up of the team.”
You may also want to watch:
Irishman Mooney was named Community Player of the Year in 2012 for his off-field work and also received an Outstanding Achievement award for work with Hackney’s St Joseph’s Hospice earlier this year.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 3 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow